Class in Community Engagement and Behavior Change
OCTOBER 10, 2013 - 11:00 AM to DECEMBER 19, 2013 - 1:00 PM ET
Join the Sustainable City Network for a Master Class to build the skills of and engage community leaders. The class will offer a vision, successful case studies, and strategies and tools to enable increase community engagement. Work with David Gershon, author of Social Change 2.0: A Blueprint for Reinventing Our World , to learn strategies including:
- How to open people’s hearts and minds to change.
- How to empower residents to adopt low carbon and resource efficient lifestyles.
- How to empower residents to create disaster-resilient neighborhoods.
- How to create a program that achieves measurable, substantive and sustainable behavior change.
- How to create a community engagement strategy that achieves deep buy-in from residents.
- How to integrate existing programs and outreach efforts of government agencies, community-based organizations, utilities and local businesses.
- How to design a training process that empowers staff and volunteers to effectively deliver your program and outreach strategy.
- How to create and leverage neighborhood social capital to address multiple community issues.
- How to create a demand driven green economic development strategy.
- How to take a behavior change program and community engagement strategy to scale.