Do you want to make a difference while growing your professional skills and experience? NeighborWorks America offers a diverse, stimulating, challenging and results-oriented work environment at each of our seven regional offices and and Washington, D.C. headquarters.
We value teamwork, ingenuity, collaboration, mutual respect, and personal and professional development.
Check our jobs board for current positions with NeighborWorks America.
Check our jobs board for current positions with our national network of NeighborWorks organizations.
Our VISTA program is helping to build the next generation of community development professionals.
Our generous benefits package increases employee salaries by up to 30%.
We believe in our mission of strengthening our nation's communities and in supporting our dedicated employees so they can perform at their best.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package and boast a high retention rate. We also value our diverse workforce who offer a variety of perspectives and insights.
In the work that we do, we commit to the following operating principles:
- Build and maintain the strength of our leadership, the skills and motivation of staff, and the effectiveness of our network.
- Promote active engagement of and leadership by residents as an essential ingredient in all aspects of strengthening communities.
- Employ and promote green and sustainable practices for the long-term benefit of residents and communities.
Accountability – We are accountable for achieving excellence through measurable, impactful outcomes
Integrity – We create an environment of transparency and honesty that is built on respect and openness
Inclusion – We foster inclusive access and participation across diverse stakeholders to ensure we build on diversity as a strength
Collaboration – We foster effective collaboration and work in partnership with others to achieve results
Stewardship – We are resourceful, responsible stewards, promoting sustainable practices and leveraging resources to maximize impact
*Refer to Plan document for details
- Retirement Plan-Your life after NeighborWorks matters. We offer both 6% non-discretionary contribution to all eligible employees’ 401(K) retirement plans after the first year of service, as well as match to the first 6% the employee contributes.*
- Short-Term Disability at no cost to the staff member
- Long-Term Disability at no cost to the staff member
- Flexible Spending Accounts for Dependent Care and Health-related costs
- Life Insurance, including eligible dependents, at no cost to the staff member
- Emergency Travel Assistance for staff and eligible dependents.
- Voluntary (products that provide cash in the event of accident or illness) Benefits
- No waiting period for coverage! It begins on the first day of hire.
- Comprehensive healthcare plans with the option of Open Access Plus (allows out-of-network visits) or Open Access Plus IN (no out-of network coverage)
- Vision plan with generous allowance for frames and contact lenses.
- Dental plan covers 100% of diagnostic services with generous calendar year maximum.
NeighborWorks America provides all staff members the opportunity for personal and professional development through the Staff Training and Education Program (STEP). The STEP program enables employees to build skills and improve individual performance. STEP covers:
- Continuing Education-Financial assistance is provided to up to 12 credit hours at approved institutions.
- Training-Employees may use STEP to attend up to two professional development events, trainings, workshops and conferences, per year.
* For approved positions
- Telework up to 3 days per week*
- 40 hours to volunteer annually
- 4 weeks parental leave for the birth and adoption of a child
- Flexible Work Schedule
- 2 personal days available on the first day of hire
- Generous annual and sick leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Pet Insurance
- Discounted Legal Services